To bring peace, to nurture hope, to wage justice then it is necessary to teach beauty or nothing is too valuable to be destroyed. Unless we make beauty the centerpiece of our lives, we are not really living, we are only breathing…we must learn to cultivate beauty.
~ Joan D. Chittister
In Praise of Music musicians teach in a wide spectrum of educational contexts. From the classroom to the concert stage, we have training and experience teaching in public schools, private schools, community centers, worship centers, and universities.
Browse this website for some samples of our education programs, designed according to South Carolina and Georgia Learning Standards, or for our engaging and interactive family concerts and "informances."
- Duo Intermezzo
- Trio Intermezzo
- Magellan String Quartet
- Kiokee Quintet
- Event Horizons
- Lyra Vivace Chamber Orchestra
- Continuo Collective of the South
- Global Navigation educational programs are coordinated with the Georgia Learning Standards for specific age-group curricula in Social Studies, Science, Math and Music.
- Tin Pail Tales are interactive performances of beloved children’s literature, which feature a professional storyteller with the instrumentalists.
- Musical Morsels are programs that are a sampling of works thematically tied together with informative commentary. These shorter concerts are 30-60 minutes.
- Magellan Journeys are programs that are a sampling of works thematically tied together with informative commentary. These longer concerts are 75-120 minutes.
Contact us for more information.